September 4 to 9, 2023
- Kilometres 32 to 76 Chip Seal is completed
- Sweeping of Chip Seal is completed between kilometres 36 to 46
Work to be done:
- Grading and preparation between kilometres 29 to 20
- Work continuing from kilometre 32 towards Port Alberni
- Remaining Sweeping between kilometres 46 to 76 to be completed
Please Note: Single-lane alternating traffic with the guidance of a pilot vehicle will be used for the remainder of this project, kilometres 0 to 36 in zones as required, currently set up between kilometres 20 to 29.
Remember, following the posted speed limits is essential when driving on the new chip seal. The road surface will be dusty and slippery if sweeping is underway or has not been completed. Please avoid slow, sharp turns on the seal coat while it continues to set up. Please use four-wheel drive, as well, especially on the hills. These are necessary to ensure a safe work site and not cause damage to the road or vehicles.