Can I pay my rent with e-transfer? The answer is no. We have a pre-authorized debit forms that can be filled out so your rent is taken out of your account on the 1st of every month. We also accept cheques and cash payments which can be dropped off at the Huu-ay-aht Rental Housing Office at 143 Nookemus Road, Anacla or at the Port Alberni Government Office. Huu-ay-aht First Nations and Huu-ay-aht Group of Businesses employees can have their rent deducted from their pay cheques.

What does an HRV system do? The HRV home ventilation system installed in your roof space creates positive air pressure in your home to reduce excess moisture. It also helps to improve your homes indoor air quality by filtering most of the common airborne asthma and allergy triggers from the incoming vented air. Tenants are to keep these systems on and circulating the air to prevent mould from growing in your home.

Will there be streetlights installed in upper Anacla? The answer is yes. We are waiting for BC Hydro.

How do I submit a maintenance request for something to be fixed in my home? Maintenance request forms can be filled out at the Housing Office or you can also fill out a maintenance request form on our website. The online form can be found here. If you want to print a form and drop it off for the housing coordinator, you can find that form here. These are for rental units ONLY.

How do tenants make a complaint? Tenants can make a complaint to the Housing Coordinator by email housingcoordinator@huuayaht.org or by calling or texting Tiana Peters at (250) 720-6740.

Where do I find the rental rules and regulations? You can find them here: Rental Housing Regulation.