Preliminary results for the By-election, September 2022 are in with Evan Cook having largest number of votes. See declaration of preliminary results here: click here
Following the swearing-in of newly elected Councillor Brad Johnson, Huu-ay-aht Chief Councillor Robert J. Dennis Sr. announces new portfolios for Executive Council.
Effective Tuesday, March 1, 2022, the elected Executive Council will hold their new portfolios as follows:
- Economic Development Committee – John Jack
- ACRD – John Jack
- Finance Committee – Trevor Cootes
- External Affairs – Trevor Cootes
- Citizenship Committee – Edward R. Johnson
- Citizen Development and Services – Edward R. Johnson
- Specific Claims – Edward R. Johnson
- Business Development – Duane Nookemis
- Lands & Natural Resources – Duane Nookemis
- Housing and Infrastructure – Brad Johnson
- Treaty Implementation Committee – Robert Dennis Sr., Tayii Ḥaw̓ił ƛiišin (Derek Peters), and Brad Johnson
Under their new portfolios, Executive Council will hold its first meeting Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
Preliminary results for By-election 2022 are in with Brad Johnson having largest number of votes. See declaration of preliminary results here: click here
Executive Council Statement
With a new Strategic Plan (2017-2019) in place, 2016 was an exciting year for Huu-ay-aht. The newly formed government worked hard to meet the commitments it outline in the strategic plan, while committing to fiscal responsibility. Together with Ḥaw̓iiḥ Council, we worked diligently to build a stronger Huu-ay-aht, focusing on what is in the best interests of our citizens and future generations. We set out strong priorities for the next three years of healing our ḥahuułi and bringing our people home.
To read more, see the 2017-2018 Financial Plan