Please see Patient Travel Policy
View more information about Medical Patient Travel
Do you have an appointment coming up and need patient travel assistance?
Please contact the Huu-ay-aht medical department five days prior to your appoint with these details:
- Doctor’s Name
- Travel Plans
Details also required for patient travel:
- Confirmation of appointment
- Confirm with the Huu-ay-aht medical department that your travel arrangements are planned prior to your medical appointment
- Send in confirmation of attence once the medical appointment is complete
Please note: it is important that you follow these steps to ensure Huu-ay-aht can assist you in time for your medical appointment.
Who to contact for Medical Patient Travel
Any questions or concerns please contact Huu-ay-aht Community Health Administrator Kimberly Nookemus via email Kimberly.email@example.com or by phone at 250-728-3414 et 208 or by fax at 250-728 -2044
Want to receive your patient travel by direct deposit?
click here for direct deposit: direct deposit form
Important Huu-ay-aht Patient Travel Notice
May 16, 2022
The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), Health Benefits has designed this check list in order to process your medical transportation travel and/or reimbursement request in a timely manner. The Huu-ay-aht First Nations uses the FNHA check list. Correct communication of the required information and associated documentation is crucial to ensure that your travel request and/or reimbursement is processed quickly and efficiently.
Request for Medical Transportation
This information must be submitted to our office at least five (5) days prior to your appointment to ensure sufficient time for our office to make your travel arrangements.
The following documentation must also be submitted along with the Medical Transportation request form:
- Documentation from a doctor’s office confirming your upcoming appointment complete with the date and time
- Copy of the physician’s referral including the office address, date, time, and reason for the appointment (if applicable) – FNHA, Health Benefits funds travel to the nearest appropriate health professional and/or health facility. Depending on the nature of your appointment, medical justification may need to be provided to support your travel request.
Physician Escort Request Form
If you require an escort, this form must be completed by the physician indicating the medical/legal reason for an escort. The physician should also include a brief description of why and/or how an escort would be assisting you.
Confirmation of Attendance Form
After your appointment is complete, this form must be stamped by the physician and/or signed by the physician where you attended your appointment confirming your attendance. Please ensure that the date and time of your appointment have also been included on the form. If the section regarding pending appointments is completed by the same doctor, this will eliminate the need to obtain another confirmation of appointment.