Huu-ay-aht First Nations provides a school supply allowance for students entering Kindergarten and Grades 1 through 12. Apply before September 30th to either government office to receive this benefit. Take into account that the school supplies allowance is issued from August 15th until September 30th. So, the forms may be submitted via fax, e-mail, mail or in person to government offices.
Please download the .docx form here
HFN encourages Huu-ay-aht children to attend school regularly. Regular attendance in school helps children keep up with their studies and peers, makes it easier to learn to read and can build a child’s confidence. Good attendance in school also sets the stage for the rest of their lives to do well in high school, college and at work.
Huu-ay-aht First Nations’ students completing Grade 1 through 12 are eligible to apply for attendance recognition at the end of every school year. Please submit attendance summary for entire academic year (September 2014 – June 2015).
HFN also recognizes academic achievement for students who have completed Grades 4 through 12 with a GPA of at least 6.0 (a “B” average). Please submit all marks from the academic year (individual report cards or year-end summary of marks).
Huu-ay-aht citizens may apply for the 2015 student recognition program until September 30, 2015.
Recognition rate is based on grade level & attendance of 10 months/185 days in a school year
Grades 1 through 9: $10.00 / month = $ 100.00
Grades 10 through 12: $20.00 /month = $ 200.00
- Recognition is based on attendance. There are 185 days in a school year.
- Students are permitted 15 days of absences for illness during the school year. If more than 15 absences are reported, the student may qualify for a reduced recognition amount. Students do not qualify for attendance recognition if they are absent for 35 or more days during the school year.
- Students in self-paced learning/home schooling do not qualify for the attendance recognition program.
- Honour Roll recognition is for students in Grades 4 through 12 for students with a “B” Grade Point Average (GPA) through the year.
- Honour Roll recognition will be calculated automatically based on report card.
- This average is calculated using A = 7, B = 6, C+ = 5, etc. The total numbers of courses taken throughout the year are added together; the student is eligible for recognition if the average is above 6.
- Eligible students with a GPA of at least 6 for the year (summary of all report cards for the year) will be awarded Honour Roll recognition of $150.
If you have any Question/Concerns, please contact the Secondary & Post-Secondary Education Coordinator at the Port Alberni Huu-ay-aht Government Office. Forms may be mailed, faxed, or scanned and e-mailed.
E-form (Please remember to email the attachments to email@example.com)