Get ready for our sockeye distribution tomorrow, Tuesday, June 30th. We have a lot of fish and two teams ready to distribute to multiple places.
- Port Alberni: elders will be served 9am-12pm, other citizens 1-3pm at Dry Creek Park. A second distribution day will be announced soon.
- Victoria: 1-3pm Friendship Centre (231 Regina Avenue Victoria).
- Duncan: 4-5pm (The Quw’utsun’ Cultural and Conference Centre).
- Nanaimo: 6:30-8:30pm Howard Johnson Hotel (1 Terminal Avenue).
- Parksville: It is unlikely that we have enough fish to distribute there today. If we do, you will get a call this afternoon.
Each person will receive five (5) fresh, gutted sockeye. Please remember to bring your own bags or cooler!
Reminder: Let us know about address and phone number changes as soon as you can.
If you cannot make it, please fill the Fish Food Release Form (PDF) / Fish Food Release Form (.doc) out , save it or print it, and read the Distribution_Process_and_Rules
The Huu-ay-aht First Nations Government is soliciting bids for the harvest of:
1) Chinook and Coho – 8,000 pounds (dressed).
2) Halibut – 8,000 pounds (dressed).
3) Sockeye – 3,000 pieces (dressed).
Please submit a written bid describing all of the following:
– Name of individual or company submitting the bid
– Contact information (phone, email, and address)
– Vessel name, length, and description
– Name of captain and deckhand(s)
– Summary of fishing experience of captain and crew
– Huu-ay-aht First Nations or other First Nation Membership
– Price per pound
Fish will be unloaded into totes in Bamfield (Max 2 totes of halibut and 2 totes of salmon) and at Bornstein Seafoods in Ucluelet, or at another location as agreed to with the successful bidder in a signed contract.
Coordination and payment for ice, gear, and fuel is the sole responsibility of fishers.
Deadline to submit your bid is Monday May 25, 2015 at 12:00 pm.
For information and to submit bids, please contact:
Christine Gruman, HFN Manager of Natural Resources and Trade
Tel: 250 728-3414 Fax: 250 728-1222