Time: 8:30am or 9:30am (This is dependent on how many people sign up. You will be contacted with your time)
Meeting place will be at the Pachena Bay Campground.
Those who have their own vehicle can follow the van to the trailhead.
This is a MODERATE PLUS hike, with some challenging areas that may include muddy, slippery, uneven, and steep terrain, along with some stairs and boardwalk. Unfortunately, people with injuries, mobility challenges, hiking restricted medical conditions cannot be accommodated.
- Children under the age of 7 cannot be accommodated on the tour. Children 7 and older must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and is responsible for the supervision, safety, and behavior of the child at all times.
- Running, rough play, and dangerous behavior is unacceptable at any time during the tour.
- The Tour Guide has the right to deny or refuse tours at any time.
- Liability waiver forms must be signed before leaving on the tour.
- Only emergency washroom facilities are available.
- Guests must not leave any trace, garbage or waste behind on the tour.
- Guests must remain on the designated boardwalk and trail at all times and stay inside the tour boundaries.
- Feeding or intentionally disturbing wildlife is prohibited. Collection or disturbing natural features, plants, rocks, antlers, cultural or archaeological resources is prohibited.
- Expect to have no cellphone reception on your hike.
- Pets are not permitted on the tour.
Plan for your Hike
BC West Coast weather is unpredictable, so it is best to bring a backpack and layer your clothing. Proper items suggested below:
- Good hiking shoes – NO sandals or open-toed footwear or you will be denied the tour
- Hat/Head covering/Rain gear/Sweater/Hoodie or other warm clothing
- Mask, hand sanitizer and wipes
- Medications and prescriptions
- Insect repellent/Sunscreen
Food & Water We highly recommend that you bring fluids and snacks to avoid overheating or dehydrating.
- Guests must not leave any trace of garbage or waste behind.
- Guests must remain on the designated boardwalk and trail at all times, and stay inside the tour boundaries.
- Feeding or intentionally disturbing wildlife is prohibited.
- Collecting or disturbing natural features, plants, rocks, antlers, or cultural/archaeological resources is prohibited.