September 24 – 30
- Chip Seal is completed from kilometres 14.3 to 76.
- Preparation is completed between kilometres 0 to 14
- A pilot vehicle will used during both sweeping and seal coating operations on the Bamfield Main Road.
- Delays will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Chip Seal between kilometre 0 to 6 will be taking place this week.
- Sweeping, cleaning of bridges, and removing berms will be taking place through out the week.
Huu-ay-aht has had a number of concerns brought to their attention in regards to vehicles speeding and putting other road users at risk, specifically around narrow sections of the road. Please be aware of the road signage and obey the speed limit of 60 km/hr. The Bamfield Main is still an active industrial logging road and road users are travelling on the Bamfield Main at their own risk. To ensure safety for everyone, please slow down.
Be aware and watch for construction equipment, flaggers, crews are on the road, and follow pilot vehicles.
The RCMP will be monitoring for safe driving throughout the project and detour.
Please drive with your headlights on and drive with extreme caution.
You can also find road updates on our Social Media at: https://www.facebook.com/HuuayahtFN