Barkley Sockeye Fishing Closure
Barkley Sound Sockeye fishing is currently closed for the 2020 season, including:
- Barkley Sockeye run size is projected very low this year
(less than 170 000)
- There is no Maa-nulth Treaty Allocation at this run size
- All other sectors are closed for sockeye as well: Other First Nations, commercial and recreational fisheries
- Other salmon species are still open in Barkley Sound
- We will publicly announce if the run increases enough for an allocation.
Request for Quotes 2021
Huu-ay-aht is looking for fishers to fish our food fish contracts for the coming season. The Nation is looking to fill contracts for sockeye, chinook/coho, and halibut.
Please see the attached document for more information to submit a proposal for a contract. All proposals must be submitted by February 24 at 4 p.m. Submit your completed RFQs, or for questions or concerns contact: Amelia Vos, Lands & Marine Coordinator email@example.com fax: 250-728-1222.
Click here for: 2021 food fish bid form
The Huu-ay-aht First Nations Government is taking bids for Halibut and Salmon harvest for our annual domestic Food Fish Program. Proposals for one or more contracts are welcome. If you are interested, please see more information or to submit a bid, check the following link: Request for Proposals – Food fish – 2019