Terms of Service
We may modify these terms to reflect changes to the law or a service itself. Please review them regularly. If you disagree with the modified terms, you should discontinue your use of our service. If you do not comply with these terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have either presently or in the future. For information about how to contact us, click here
You may not use content from our site without express permission from Huu-ay-aht First Nations, prior written permission from the Government of Canada’s copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) or otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos either. For further information or to request permission to republish, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
When permitted by law, Huu-ay-aht First Nations will not be held responsible for lost profits, revenues, data or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages. For instance, the future implementation of a Paypal button or an e-commerce system to pay for permits or other services that might lead third-parties to phishing, hacking or scamming.
By using this website, you agree to these terms. Please read them carefully.
When navigating our website, users are expected to conduct themselves honestly and appropriately in accordance with ʔiisaak (iisak – great respect), and to comply with copyright, software licensing rules, property rights and privacy of others, just as they would in any other business dealings.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Every piece of content provided, i.e. text, image or video is subject to intellectual property rights. Works found in this website and categorized below are subject to copyright as stated by Canadian Heritage:
- Email messages, periodicals, government records and reports, letters, statistics, law reports, judicial decisions, forms, court records, annual reports, conference proceedings, postings to Internet newsgroups
- Video recordings and choreography
- Patterns, art slides, maps, paintings, digital images, photographs, charts, websites
- Songs with or without words
- Oral history tapes, audio tapes of speeches and lectures, spoken word recordings
- Recorded performances of actors, authors, singers, musicians and dancers on tapes, cassettes, CDs, CD-ROMs, video recordings and films.