A few things for people who are in housing or who are looking for housing.
- If you have a housing application submitted and haven’t updated your information, please contact the Housing Coordinator.
- All applications have to be renewed every year, March 1. This is when the new fiscal year rolls over. This is not a new policy, it has been with Huu-ay-aht since day one. So, if you had a housing application filled out before march 1 of last year, it is no longer valid and your name is no longer on the list. Get a new application to the Housing Coordinator right away.
- Once you have filed an application with the Housing Navigator you need to call one of the offices at 250-723-0100, 250-728-3414, or 250-720-6799 to make an appointment. A short interview is needed. The list is done by a point system, this is not a new policy with Huu-ay-aht. If you do not make an interview you will be on the list, but you will have zero points. The interview won’t take long.
- If you are no longer needing to be on the list, please let the Housing Navigator know so the next person can be moved up.
- If you have signed a 99 year lease with Huu-ay-aht, please remember that you own the house and that all repairs are your responsibility.
- If you are in need of some work we can help you find workers who will travel to Anacla but the expense is on you. Remember you bought the home for $1 and was informed that the onus would be on you for all repairs. This is not Huu-ay-aht responsibility.
- If you are an Elder who needs help, please contact the Housing Coordinator and they will help you.
There is a large shortage of homes and Huu-ay-aht is working very hard to get people in homes as soon as they can.
Please, citizens remember that Huu-ay-aht is here to help you. We want nothing but the best for all our citizens and we are trying to accommodate everyone to the best we can.
– Housing Navigator