A permit is required for overnight use on Huu-ay-aht Treaty Settlement Lands and Private Lands. These are administered by the Huu-ay-aht Government’s Lands and Natural Resources Department. Please see the Lands and Permitting page on our website for more information: https://huuayaht.org/services/lands-permits/

I agree to abide by the terms below and any additional conditions which may be attached to my permit:

  • Please respect the land as you explore it.
  • Huu-ay-aht First Nations employs a policy of zero tolerance for garbage and refuse.
  • Cultural Heritage Values, wildlife and vegetation should not be disturbed.
  • The collecting of animals and plants (including shells and driftwood) is not permitted without express permission from HFN Lands and Resources Department.
  • Campfires are permitted, ensure campfires are never left unattended and they are completely extinguished when you leave (re: BC Wildfire Act 2005).
  • Please leave the areas that you visit as you found them or cleaner, and report any out of place or suspect activity to the Huu-ay-aht First Nations and other relevant authorities.

What payment method will you use?
*Exact cash, cheque, or money order accepted only.
Receipt will be issued.
Permit issued once payment cleared.
Payments are to be made to: Huu-ay-aht First Nations, 4644 Adelaide St. Port Alberni, BC V9Y 6N4 Attn: Finance Dept