The Nuu-chah-nulth Seafood Development Corporation (NSDC), Ditidaht First Nation (DFN), HFN Fisheries LP (HFNFLP) and the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ First Nation (YG) are seeking proposals for the following licences and quotas. Proposals for one, several, or all licences and quotas are welcome.
Written proposals should contain the following information for evaluation:
– Applicant name and contact information
– Vessel name, VRN and vessel length (where applicable).
– Bid prices: Licences, Quotas per pound, Contract harvesting (price/lb or percentage) to harvest and deliver fish for commercial or food purposes.
– Captain, Crew and training opportunities for First Nations
– A brief description of the experience of the vessel and crew.
– A description of the vessel and crew’s readiness and ability to harvest within the current fishing seasons. Please note that all skippers and crews must have valid and current documents from Transport Canada.
– Reference names regarding dependability and track record in similar arrangements.
– Other benefits to Nations related to food fish, training opportunities, marketing, or other arrangements.
This RFP does not create any obligations for NSDC, or DFN or HFNFLP or the YG. They may seek other proposals or pursue other options at their sole discretion. It may take up to 2 weeks to determine the successful bidders who will be notified as soon as possible.
Please Note, All decisions regarding the licences and quota are made by the individual Nation (YG and DFN) or Company (HFNFLP and NSDC), but all communication regarding bids should be made through Aquatrust.
All proposals will be treated as confidential. The deadline for proposals is noon (12 pm) February 10, 2017.
Please send bids or requests for clarification to: Email: email@example.com or call Kathy Happynook at 778 421-2112 or 250 228-1048.
For full Request for Proposals check out this link: 2017-rfp-fishing-quota