Our second round of the Food Box program is now complete. ƛ̓eko (tl̓-eko, Thank you!) for your support! We just wanted to take this time to remind you of the rules and invite you to apply for next month’s food box. Find the form here!
1. Households with 1-4 members qualify to receive one food box.
2. Households with 5 or more members qualify to receive two food boxes.
3. Citizens can only submit one application per household.
4. Food boxes are delivered as follows:
- Victoria—First week of the month (Tuesday-Friday, will always be the same day of the week for each household).
- Vancouver—Second Tuesday of the month.
- Nanaimo and Parksville—Second Tuesday of the month.
- Anacla—Second Wednesday of the month.
- Port Alberni—Second Thursday of the month.
5. In order to be guaranteed a food box for a given month, you must:
a) Have signed up for the food box program 10 days before the delivery date for that month.
b) Be available during the day of delivery that is specified for your location.
c) Have provided 10 days’ notice of a change of address if you have moved recently.
6. A limited number of extra food boxes will be available to citizens who did not register for the food box program in advance. These food boxes will be available on a first come, first served basis.
7. With the exception of food boxes for those with food allergies, the contents of all food boxes are the same. Staff cannot trade the contents of one food box for another based on personal preferences.
8. If a friend or family member is going to be picking up your food box for you, please notify the office.